Re: [Gnumed-devel] Simplifed Logon Gui

From: Hilmar Berger
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Simplifed Logon Gui
Date: Fri, 6 Sep 2002 18:46:50 +0200 (CEST)

On Fri, 6 Sep 2002, Karsten Hilbert wrote:

> > 5)Buttons changed to option help ok cancel in that order. Ok instead of
> > caption because that is the standard in most operating systems.
> a) IMHO it is more logical to keep the caption "login" but I
>    won't argue with that for now.
> b) IMHO OK/Login should be the leftmost button. Options
>    second, cancel third, help rightmost. Any other opinions ?
>    The way it is now seems illogical to me.
I'am not completely happy with the button order too. IMHO login should be
leftmost and cancel on the opposite side. But that's a matter of taste.
I would prefer 'Login' instead of 'Ok' too, but Ok was choosen for coding
simplicity since 'OK' buttons are always default. Probably we will run
into problems with that once I18N is used on button labels.

> Hilmar, any chance you can make the advanced options login a
> drop down part of the main panel ? IOW when I hit the
> "options"/"advanced" button the main panel grows downwards
> displaying the advanced options and the button label changes
> to "basic" upon hitting which only basic options are displayed
> again. There would be an option in the config file whether to
> initially display advanced options on startup or not.

Thought of that before. Although less beautiful in my opinion, it should
be possible - I just right now don't know how to shrink windows. Will have
a look in the wxPython documentation.

Hilmar