Re: [Gnumed-devel] GnuMed drug browser/prescription writer

From: Hilmar Berger
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] GnuMed drug browser/prescription writer
Date: Thu, 12 Sep 2002 21:06:20 +0200 (CEST)

On Thu, 12 Sep 2002, Horst Herb wrote:
> On Thu, 12 Sep 2002 08:09 am, Hilmar Berger wrote:
>
> > The GUI layer should match the underlying database and will therefore has
> > to be customized to regional requirements, too.
>
> The GUI layer is the easiest part thanks to the plugin architecture. You just
> write a specific dialog for the country specific demands and plug it into the
> right place in the user interface. No need for generalization here.
>
> As to the drug database: drug information resides in the highly normalized
> drug database tables. Country specific bureaucratic information should reside
> in tables prepended with the country code, like "authority_regulation_de,
> authority_regulation_au" etc.
>
> Then, we write a class accessing drug information with the  regulation bit
> implemented as a pure virtual function. When gnumed starts, it determines
> from the configuration which country specific mode it has to run in, the
> according plugins are loaded, and along them the according "handling"
> modules.

In fact, that's almost what I was thinking about. I just fear that
the implementations of regional databases will differ a lot. But that's
ok.

> I can't see much problems here other than just doing it. Somebody with enough
> time at hand could just begin.

All right, I will have a try. Horst, you mentioned that you have more
tables created yet. Could you send me what you have or just drop it in
some place in the CVS ?
Hilmar