Re: [Gnumed-devel] developers guide

From: Hilmar Berger
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] developers guide
Date: Sun, 22 Sep 2002 23:47:35 +0200 (CEST)

On Thu, 12 Sep 2002, Horst Herb wrote:

> On Mon, 23 Sep 2002 05:09, Hilmar Berger wrote:
>
> > way, how do you manage CVS ? I tried wincvs, but it didn't work with my
> > settings of ssh. And doing everything by hand is sometimes really a pain
> > (especially if there are more then 20 files to manage).
>
> Why? If you just type "cvs update" and "cvs commit" it will affect *all*
> files
> that have changed  - you don't have to specify any file names
update & commit is no problem, but adding/removing files is not done
automatically, so one has to scan the update messages to know *which*
files has to be added/removed manually. Normally this is not a problem,
but the sgml-to-html-compiler adds and removes HTML-files depending on the
structure of the sgml source, so one has to check for new/removed files
quite frequently.

Hilmar