Re: [Gnumed-devel] gmDrugs

From: Ian Haywood
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] gmDrugs
Date: Fri, 4 Oct 2002 03:24:38 -0400

I have had a quick look at the design. It certainty looks cleaner than
before. I would like one feature to be inherited from the old design::
class-level properites, which are 'inherited' by drugs.

IMHO, I think we should have one table for classes and indivdual drugs,
with views to provide separate tables for each. This means we don't need
separate link tables 'link_drug_interaction', 'link_class_interaction',
etc.

I am willing to put my hand up to make a small 'demonstration' database,
working off a pharmacology textbook, to post on the web.

Also, has anyone approached the WHO formulary people, they might be
amenable to a free database?

Ian