[Gnumed-devel] new playground / new server gnumed.net

From: Horst Herb
Subject: [Gnumed-devel] new playground / new server gnumed.net
Date: Fri, 15 Nov 2002 21:51:19 +0100

I am just installing the new gnumed.net server

We have root acess now. A Linux box with plenty of bandwidth and 2 GB hard
disk space.

Those having a @gnumed.net mail address will hopefully get a smooth transition
with close to zero downtime. As you may have notice, the old host for
gnumed.net has proven quite unreliable over the past few days, and the server
was down for more than 24 hours. The excuse I got from the hosting company
was pathetic and unacceptable. The backup every 24 hours as per contract was
obviously a lie since there was a 5 days gap in what they restored.
Fortunately, the source / CVS was on the reliable Savannah server.

All those considering themselves as being part of the core may apply for shell
acess user names and passwords, and if you need any software installed (Zope
etc.) just let me know.

Of course we will run PostgreSQL, a gnumed demo installation for a "test"
server, and we will host the new project of a free collaborative
pharmaceutical reference database as well.

Since I can create virtual domains on this servers, all those contributing
regularly to the source tree may have their personal web pages etc. (even
with their own domain names if they wish) for free on this server.

Horst