Re: [Gnumed-devel] i18n.sql

From: Hilmar Berger
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] i18n.sql
Date: Sun, 22 Dec 2002 11:39:12 +0100 (CET)

Hi,
On Sun, 22 Dec 2002, Karsten Hilbert wrote:

>    c) multiple languages in parallel
What does that mean exactly ? Do we want multiple languages
a) to chose one from a list at installation time
b) at the same time, so that different clients can use different languages
?

If it is b), we have to pass the language as an parameter of the query or
store the language of each client at the backend and pass the client id.
Neither the approach using views nor the _() function allow for that as
far as I can see .

Hilmar