Re: [Gnumed-devel] Eye Candy

From: Horst Herb
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Eye Candy
Date: Tue, 14 Jan 2003 09:12:07 +1100

On Tue, 14 Jan 2003 08:52, richard terry wrote:
> The suggestion of dumping my front end and labelling it eye candy does
> cause me some consternation for a couple of reasons.

The thread was not about dumping it. It was about dumping or at least
debulking the screen manager, which causes an unneccessary duplication of
functionality (plug-in architecture implemeted in two different ways) which
is most confusing.

In it's current incarnation it is very hard for those who haven't implemented
it to figure out how to modify the screen layout.
It is also very hard to use your valuable components outside of the screen
manager.

This should not be so. Your components should be useable individually in
whatever context the end user wishes. These components should be able to be
plugged in individually via exactly the same mechanism as the other plugins.
They should communicate with other components via the standard way.

Horst