Re: [Gnumed-devel] module interdependency

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] module interdependency
Date: Sun, 6 Jul 2003 12:01:27 +0200

> Module interdependencies appear to have grown wild a bit, with no clear
> separation of GUI and "common", example "gmPlugin.py".
Sort of yes.

The problem is that we need to be very clear about what sort
of grouping we want. Functional grouping is orthogonal to
GUI-/NON-GUI grouping. Hence:

client-specific-non-gui
client-specific-gui
generic-non-gui
generic-gui

Now what ?

> Maybe there is a good reason for all this, but maybe we should refocus
> strategy and clean up code before we continue implementing.
I am always in favour of sensible refactoring and I am your
worst nitpicking clean-up nightmare (Sian can probably attest
to that :-)

> of UI. Furthermore, to make as many modules as possible self-reliant, with as
This self-reliance thing should not be taken to extremes.

> little module interdependency as possible, especially NON-GUI modules should
> never depend on GUI modules.
As much as is practical, yes.

Things in client/business/ should be *quite* GUI independant
or else I am to blame for that.