Re: [Gnumed-devel] module interdependency

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] module interdependency
Date: Thu, 10 Jul 2003 14:59:20 +0200

> > (emr_xml_rpc_server.set_patient['ID']).
> The problem with this is that several clients may be using the XML-RPC
> server at any one time (i.e it is stateless) so the patient ID needs to
> be passed for every function.
Exactly !  That's what I was talking about a while back when
asking whether business objects/RPC servers were supposed to
track state. I didn't really get an answer back then.

> 10 doctors see 10 different patients, every time one prescribes, the
> others all refresh their medication lists.
Not really. The business object would decide whether it needs
to send a signal to the rest of the frontend.

> Notifications only
>  need to go through the backend when two clients are viewing the same
> patient. Rare in a GP clinic,
- the waiting list
- waiting for a patient's in-house urinalysis

> (but certainly possible in a hospital
> setting).
Which I frankly don't care about.