[Gnumed-devel] module interdependency

From: Horst Herb
Subject: [Gnumed-devel] module interdependency
Date: Sun, 6 Jul 2003 09:04:08 +1000

After a long break I finally find the time again to do some work on gnumed.

I am a bit puzzled by the changes, find it hard to get back into it.

Module interdependencies appear to have grown wild a bit, with no clear
separation of GUI and "common", example "gmPlugin.py".

Maybe there is a good reason for all this, but maybe we should refocus
strategy and clean up code before we continue implementing.

Original idea was to have GUI-independent modules in one directory, and GUI
specific ones in another, and to have as many modules as possible independent
of UI. Furthermore, to make as many modules as possible self-reliant, with as
little module interdependency as possible, especially NON-GUI modules should
never depend on GUI modules. Else, it gets quite hard for those not working
all the time on gnumed to get started, and very hard for the whole project to
be maintained.

Horst