Re: [Gnumed-devel] Introducing myself

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Introducing myself
Date: Wed, 16 Jul 2003 03:30:40 +0200

Welcome Les,

> You guys seem to have combined a good amount of work in Gnumed, and I would
> love to get in there & help with some debugging & maybe eventually start
> adding some features myself, if anybody has the time & patience to do a
> little hand-holding
Just ask your questions. I am on ICQ, too: 85971697

> & point me at something to get my teeth into.  I can now
may I suggest possible sub-projects you may want to look at:

tree-based EMR viewer
 - may initially be quite dumb in just displaying but no
   editing/export/filtering etc.

clinically functional "manually capture new patient" widget
 - needs considerable work-flow analysis in order to be really
   efficient

lab data viewer (the tables need work, too)
 - this may coincide with some of your previous work

infrastructure for interfacing with lab analyser software
 - or more generally speaking with 3rd party applications

> do the basics with CVS but I am not too sure where to go from there.
Can you run the current GUI ? Can you bootstrap your own
GnuMed database ?