[Gnumed-devel] Introduction(s)

From: jmackenz
Subject: [Gnumed-devel] Introduction(s)
Date: Wed, 23 Jul 2003 22:38:27 +1000

Greetings GnuMedders,

This is my first posting to the list, therefore a brief introduction:

I am a full time GP (Monash 1974 graduate) with a small practice
on the Mornington Peninsula, to the south of Melbourne, Australia.
Unfortunately, my IT experience is only as an amateur hobbyist,
but I believe that GnuMed is much needed and would like to help
in some way - perhaps in an administrative role.

My first task can therefore be to confirm that RMITU (the Royal
Melbourne Institute of Technology University) has given approval
for my son David's Uni group of 6 students to take on GnuMed
development for their 3-semester project.  They are in their 4th
year of their 5-year Computer Science-Engineering double
degree, and this project takes them up the end of their 5th and
final year.

After recently meeting Horst, their first task will be to help
with the development of the open source drug database at
http://www.drugref.org  which is a core requirement for
prescription writing and clinical support.  They are at
present installing Linux and GnuMed, getting their
developers' usernames and passwords, and of course
will soon be subscribing to these email listservers.

Their names are:
David Mackenzie (Aussie)
Alan Skorkin (Ukrainian)
Adrian Cretu-Barul (Romanian)
Christian Seely (Lebanese)
Ben James (Aussie dad, Italian mother), and
Ajay Raipathi (Singaporean)

We look forward to helping get GnuMed up and
running ... I of course will mainly be supplying pizza,
coffee and other essentials to the above named,
and will probably post an occasional email when
relevant.

Best wishes to all,

John Mac
http://www.westernportmedical.com.au