Re: [Gnumed-devel] Qt licensing issues for GNUmed

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Qt licensing issues for GNUmed
Date: Tue, 12 Aug 2003 00:15:05 +0200

> IMHO we should concentrate now on getting a first presentable version using
> wxPython.
Fully ACKed.

> PS: Richard, I fully understand your concerns and wishes regarding a nice
> GUI. But on the other hand,
> business software is often ugly - and sells well, because reliability and
> functionality is more important than the look.
I do believe Richard is talking more in terms of
functionally-aesthetic beauty than in terms of purely
pleasing aesthetics. If I understand him correctly part of
the "beauty" he is requesting aesthetically actually serves to
aid the eye in rapidly finding information and not being
distracted by clutter.

But I do agree that the prototype truck doesn't need the
refinement of Chevrolet's latest SUV (and, hopefully, neither
be as gas-guzzling).