Re: [Gnumed-devel] Mailing List

From: Hilmar Berger
Date: Tue, 26 Aug 2003 13:40:00 +0200 (MEST)

> On Saturday, August 23, 2003, at 12:56 PM, Tony Lembke wrote:
>
> > I agree with Richard - this mailing list server is quite capricious in
> > the timing of its delivery of messages.
>
> This message was sent on Saturday  and arrived today, Tuesday, which is
> somewhat ironic.
>
> Would we be better off if I set up a majordomo mailing list, say
>       address@hidden

Well, as far as I can remember there has been problems with the gnu.org
mailsever twice during the last 12 months. The problem with the mail delay seems
to be almost gone, mails sent after this weekend seems to arrive almost as
usual. Since almost no mail got lost, I could live with two failures a year.
Don't know how much work it is to setup and maintain a mailing list, though.

Hilmar