Re: [Gnumed-devel] phrase wheel pick list window scrolling

From: Ian Haywood
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] phrase wheel pick list window scrolling
Date: Wed, 17 Sep 2003 17:40:10 +1000

On Wednesday 17 September 2003 08:04, Karsten Hilbert wrote:
> There's three things that need to be taken care of:
>
> Scrolling only happens when *releasing* the arrow up/down key
> (due to our handling that with evt_key_up).

EVT_KEY_DOWN has this autorepeat behaviour, done.

> The list window does not adjust (within reasonable limits) to the
> number of lines in it.

It does now ;-)

> When scrolling in the list off the currently displayed amount
> the selected line does not move into view.

Haven't got an easy solution to this one. Problem is, we are setting the
selected line in the wxListBox "manually" in response to keypresses. If you
transfer focus to the list by clicking, then it shows the proper behaviour
(as it is using its own handlers to respond to the keypresses).

The best solution would be to shunt the key events to the listbox using
wxEvtHandler.ProcessEvent (), but this doesn't work. Nor does manually
setting the focus using wxWindow.SetFocus (). There is no documented
way to programmatically control the scrollin go the list box. wxListCtrl does
have this API, but only on windows.

Ian