Re: [Gnumed-devel] test-area/sjtan

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] test-area/sjtan
Date: Fri, 3 Oct 2003 12:28:52 +0200

> >    add( widgetName, widgetType, weighting,  newLine , defaultFunction
> > )  :-    this creates a new widget on the current line. if newLine ==1 ,
> > this is the last widget
> This is a very good idea, it makes finally writing new interfaces easy
Someone with good GUI skills needs to find out how we can
still make sure we achieve the good visual design put forth by
Richard. I'm sure it can be done, but needs work.

> > Comments,  correcting and writing the configuration for the other use
> > cases,  or  re-implementation,  please.
> My main (well, only, really) problem with this is that it talks directly to
> the backend in SQL, instead of through the business objects, but
> I think the approach can be adapted without too much effort.
The business objects might inherit from cMatchProvider() as
deemed appropriate. That way they'd inherit the interface
needed to provide matches to the phrase wheel code.

Please also consider using gmDateInput for date fields.

> To discuss this, I would like to give my Jabber server a test run.
> Jabber conferencing can take place on conference.haywood.bpa.nu
> anyone (but especially Syan) is invited to join.
Works like a charm. I use centerICQ on the console. To note: I
was invited to join conference gnumed on conference.jabber.com
- but it seems to get forwarded to Ian.