[Gnumed-devel] bash backup script

From: sjtan
Subject: [Gnumed-devel] bash backup script
Date: Tue, 24 Feb 2004 23:14:31 +1100

I did a bash configuration script for the audit trigger from gmAudit..Generator using sed, psql and `..`. I thought this would help in creating a sh backup installation script; however, I don't understand the distributed_db , db, and config tables roles. Has it been tested that the gmPG will work with non-pyPgSQL dbapi ? I don't think the cursor.execute( stmt, args) works but execute( stmt % args) works in pgdb, but then quotation of string args is needed , which isn't
needed when using pyPgSQL's cursor.execute(stmt,args).

There are also cfg_... ui configuration tables I believe; what are they for?

Attached also is the gnumed.log files when I try to run the client, which after running the create_gnumed_db.sh , seems to partially work. (at least it gets to the gui, but
there is no demographics tab).

How essential is it to have the distributed db, db and config tables ? They don't seem to offer horizontal fragmentation, which might be useful for multi-site practices
which want to share data (e.g. nursing homes), so why have them?