[Gnumed-devel] Re: Packages

From: Andreas Tille
Subject: [Gnumed-devel] Re: Packages
Date: Thu, 26 Feb 2004 09:16:15 +0100 (CET)

On Thu, 26 Feb 2004, David Grant wrote:

> I understand what you are saying I think.  I'm still just confused why
> according to here:
> http://people.debian.org/~tille/packages/gnumed/debian/gnumed-snapshot-client.install
> some *.py stuff is going into site-packages and some is going into
> /usr/share/gnumed.
Well, because I'm to stupid to understand the logic behind sorting the
source into business, wxpython, etc I left the files where they are in the
source.  Once I understand the logic I want to move them under a "logical"
directory under site-packages.  You exactly pointed to the problem I have
with GnuMed packaging.  As long is I was not able to find out which
Python file is used by which Module I just left the files in the
"untouched pool".  Moreover I have to admit that I did not looked into GnuMed
for several weeks and will not be able to do it before the first weekend in
March.  Perhaps something has bin clarified.

To be honest, menti gevery single file in *.install has the disadvantage
that I might miss some new files and this will be changed in the future.
Just regard these *.install files as my personal TODO-List and not as
sane packaging.

Kind regards

        Andreas.