Re: [Gnumed-devel] Packages

From: David Grant
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Packages
Date: Sun, 22 Feb 2004 13:27:00 -0500

Karsten Hilbert wrote:

I agree with everything except:

1. Basically for the purpose of getting rid of the entire get_base_path thing in gnumed.py, and this in gnumed.py as well:
Now how do we find the documentation, translation strings and gnumed_logo.png?
[the png could be inlined in a Python module as we do with Richard's little
icons,  but not the rest]
Sorry to perseverate on this point, but I'm still unclear as to the answer.
And still we need the GNUMED_DIR handling. The minute you
remove it someone will pop up and say: Foo doesn't do Bar. I
need to control where GnuMed looks for files explicitely.

How about using it for finding the non-python files (if a
couple standard places don't work) ?

I though GNUMED_DIR wasn't needed? I never set it and gnumed starts up fine. I thought getting the current directory via get_base_dir was fine.

If we are going to reorganise the CVS, we should consider clearing some
dead-wood.
(stuff under test-area that's not being maintained anymore).
It is still useful as reference. I usually remove files when
their concepts have been absorbed in the main code.

Is there any stuff besides yours that is dead wood?