Re: [Gnumed-devel] Re: Packages

From: David Grant
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Re: Packages
Date: Tue, 24 Feb 2004 12:26:42 -0500

Andreas Tille wrote:

On the other hand, I just looked at the boa-constructor package and all
of their images are under site-packages as well, and so are their docs.
This is nonsense.
I agree with you completely. I'm not sure what Debian does for boa, but I admire Gentoo for sticking with boa's system and letting everything go into site-packages, which allows for a very simple package. At the same time I admire Debian for adherence to standards. Debian's boa package is almost the same, just in /usr/share instead of /usr/lib. I think the disadvantage is that Debian's package would only work with one python version.

David