Re: [Gnumed-devel] FAQ

From: James Busser
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] FAQ
Date: Tue, 2 Mar 2004 20:07:24 -0800

I made a few changes on the FAQs. I doubt a majority even among eventual physician users of gnumed will discern the differences between Free and Open source but have made some changes to the draft FAQs on David's wiki, and hopefully they will be suitable.

On the question of whether to adopt Michael's suggestion about a description of the group, another list member thinks we should consider a section on the gnumed.org showing a brief blurb and maybe even a photo of any who would like to have such a profile on the site. Any voters can say "nay" or "yay" and if shy can pass your suggestion just to myself, Tony Lembke or David Grant.

There are a few places the language could be tweaked so that it better
conforms with the GNU philosophy.  GNU actually has a FAQ about
language...  http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/words-to-avoid.html

"What is GnuMed?" - perhaps a description of the group would be
nice; something like: "a group of practising physicians, programmers and
free software enthusiasts from around the world that are committed to
providing a superior free software solution to the community practise."

Michael