[Gnumed-devel] Debian packages (Was: roadmap and what a 0.1 release will

From: Andreas Tille
Subject: [Gnumed-devel] Debian packages (Was: roadmap and what a 0.1 release will "look like")
Date: Fri, 26 Mar 2004 08:40:10 +0100 (CET)

On Thu, 25 Mar 2004, Jim Busser wrote:

> - will gnumed have its own GUI layer and navigation sufficient to
> "call" (for testing purposes) each of the components intended to be
> packaged into 0.1?
By the way regarding components: I (silently) updated my Debian packaging
stuff on

   http://people.debian.org/~tille/packages/gnumed/

which contains even more separate plugin components.  I'm not really happy
with this packaging because I had sometimes trouble to bootstrap the
server and some files should be moved to different locations and some
packages need some testing.  Currently I'm really busy to rebuild some
general Debian-Med and Custom Debian Distributions stuff to enhance the
general Debian-Med infrastructure.  This is the reason why I stalled
GnuMed packaging for a further (hopefully short) period and thus you
might have a look at these packages.  I really hope to get this stuff into
a nice shape until middle of April to move it to official Debian mirror.

You comments (or even patches) could speed this up.

For those who might be interested:

 1. debian/rules has now a get-orig-source target.  Just use it this way:

       make -f debian/rules get-orig-source

    to get a GnuMed upstream source as I use it for packaging.  (It
    basically removes testing area and preprocessed html pages which will
    be builded in the packaging process.  Moreover it gets a "version number"
    according to the date.)

 2. Move the debian directory to the directory where you untared the
    tarball.

 3. debuild -k'your gpg key id'

(Feel free to ask for further hints.)

Kind regards