[Gnumed-devel] Re: billing by GnuMed / TORCH / OSCAR

From: Jim Busser
Subject: [Gnumed-devel] Re: billing by GnuMed / TORCH / OSCAR
Date: Thu, 13 May 2004 08:40:08 -0700

From: Dieter Simader <address@hidden>

we integrated a CRM with
SL entirely from within the backend. If the software uses a SQL server
(Oracle, Postgres, DB2 or any other SQL server except mySQL) the best
solution is to make software speak to each other in the background.

Would the GnuMed paradigm that would have us employ an "accounting related GnuMed service" (www.gnumed.net/whitepapers/) greatly complicate an SQL-Ledger approach to "make the software peak to each other in the background", or is our having a "service" model a non-issue as far as posing any special challenges?

Also, unless OSCAR and TORCH were also to adopt a services model, am I naive to think there is merit in the projects collaborating on a billing implementation (at least the freeB portion during the time that OSCAR remains MySQL based), or is does there remain value in my pursuing us having the same data structures and information flow?