Re: [Gnumed-devel] hherb.com down? (was: test - new smtp server)

From: Horst Herb
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] hherb.com down? (was: test - new smtp server)
Date: Thu, 13 May 2004 21:03:50 +1000

On Wed, 12 May 2004 19:59, Karsten Hilbert wrote:
> I can get into the machine fine. Everything seems to run OK
> there in terms of database, apache etc. Offhand I don't see
> signs of intrusion in the logs. A traceroute to the IP gets to
> the datacenter fine and, suprisingly, the destination machine
> is known by name ! Apparently, somehwere along the route there
> are DNS or hosts entries, presumably inside the data center.

Problem is solved. The datacenter has different lots of DNS servers, and I was
given the wrong ones. When they recently upgraded, they "fixed" the wrong
entries.

I just updated my DNS records, may take up to 48 hours to propagate.

Shit, the things that can happen even with "professional" hosting

Horst