[Gnumed-devel] Packaging information

From: Jim Busser
Subject: [Gnumed-devel] Packaging information
Date: Tue, 18 May 2004 07:09:59 -0700

Would it be a good idea, now that the wiki is back and likely stable, to set up a wiki reference page concerning Packaging?

I was thinking (after looking at the SQL-ledger packaging page below) that we could have a packaging page with the introductory as well as general (OS independent) information, and we could below that have a link for a separate wiki page for each package (or we could start out with the OS and distro-specific info on the same page, just further down, with anchors.

http://www.sql-ledger.com/cgi-bin/nav.pl?page=misc/ packaging.html&title=Packaging

Packaging SQL-Ledger

The information contained in this document describes where to install the various components for SQL-Ledger for a particular distribution. Whatever O/S you use, all the required variables may be specified in a configuration file (sql-ledger.conf). If the configuration file itself should be in some other location two files (login.pl and am.pl) need a minor change. All the other scripts in the root directory are symlinks, either soft- or hard-linked, to am.pl. When running under a SuExec environment the symlinks must be hardlinks.

SQL-Ledger requires perl 5+, DBI, DBD-Pg, DBD-DB2 or DBD-Oracle, PostgreSQL 7.1+, DB2 8.1 or Oracle 8+. You will also need a web server such as Apache, thttpd, ... LaTeX is optional and required only for creating forms in postscript and PDF formats.

Installation paths are for the purpose of showing a configuration. Follow the particular filesystem standard for your O/S. SQL-Ledger does not depend on any absolute location and everything is relative to the SQL-Ledger root directory.

 General steps.
        •        Install the software somewhere
     i.e /usr/local/sql-ledger

etc