Re: [Gnumed-devel] Upper case / lower case data storage discussion & dec

From: Jim Busser
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Upper case / lower case data storage discussion & decisions
Date: Tue, 18 May 2004 09:21:43 -0700

On May 16, 2004, at 4:36 AM, Karsten Hilbert wrote:
Would we ever want code to translate into "proper" case for example in
name fields and maybe address fields, and must these be able to be
over-ridden for example the dutch "van" and "de" and the german "von" ?
Huh ?  We won't be messing with what the user decides to store
apart from maybe warning about oddities.

I was thinking something like an autocorrect.

I realize gnumed is not a word processor but I wonder whether for readability and correspondence:

- initcap in name & contact fields, and
- initcaps for the first word following a period combined with one or more spaces

would be useful functions that individual users could choose to have "on" or "off".