Re: [Gnumed-devel] patient search functionality - numbers / date input

From: Jim Busser
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] patient search functionality - numbers / date input
Date: Mon, 31 May 2004 09:39:49 -0700

Originally posted http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/gnumed-devel/2002-12/msg00030.html

excerpt below
- does it still form part of a planned convention and
- it seems applicable only to patient searching and
- there had been discussion of a date widget that would accept and convert partial date info e.g. only the "day of month" if current month, only the month and date if current year etc http://www.gnumed.org/documentation/develop/discussion/date.html
- - - will there be an interaction problem of would the date entry widget only be called selectively (IMO it should be consistent?)
- - - is a date widget worth adding to the road map and at what level

<x-tad-smaller>></x-tad-smaller><x-tad-smaller> 2. on entering numbers there should be a sanity check, else we cant know</x-tad-smaller><x-tad-smaller>
></x-tad-smaller><x-tad-smaller> what is a date and what an patient id.</x-tad-smaller><x-tad-smaller>
a) There already is.
b) If you type "#digits" you _explicitely_ saying: this is a
patient ID.
c) "*digits" -> date of birth
d) "$digits" -> date of birth (maybe this one is confusing)
e) "+digits" -> date of death

Why "*" and "+" ? Look at how people write the dates for birth and
death when they refer to famous people.</x-tad-smaller>