Re: [Gnumed-devel] SOAP widget - Fabulous Brilliant

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] SOAP widget - Fabulous Brilliant
Date: Wed, 7 Jul 2004 15:25:25 +0200

> This little beast can replace ALL/MOST of the editing areas and in the
> process lead to integration and a huge saving in screen real-estate.
>
> This becomes the central work space of the entire medical records program.
> We can reproduce here just how we work from day to day.
While this is certainly true and just begs exploration can I
kindly ask for doing the most basic version first, eg a SOAP
only widget that can display/return a keyed dict ?

Thanks,
Karsten

> As the SOAP entry progresses,  instead
> of having to 'change sections' as in the old design, now, with the use
> of keywords (eg script) the necessary edit area 'pops up' in a flat
> single bordered window  (see attatched PNG file)- akin to your existing
> word-completion popup.
Does this not go against our notion of "using many popups" ?

We should still make accessing those edit areas
possible by menu.

> Because the edit area popups will be contained in the same  type of
> pop-up style as your word lists - it all still looks and feels in the
> same plane.
OK, I see what you mean.

In general, does this mean we can do away with the "change
section" icons in the top panel ?

How would this fit in with the rest of the concept ? Eg. when
changing upper-left sections in Richard space not only do we
change the edit area but also do we change the lower-left
lists, perhaps the central area and the selection on the upper
right...