Re: [Gnumed-devel] coding any SOAP item

From: Jim Busser
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] coding any SOAP item
Date: Wed, 7 Jul 2004 15:59:13 -0700

On Jul 7, 2004, at 1:50 PM, Karsten Hilbert wrote:
I'd be strongly opposed to marking a clin_narrative row as
billable. I would vastly prefer a bill_those_rows table that
has a fk_clin_narrative foreign key. For me the distinction of
whether to add a field to clin_narrative is whether it's
adding unique *clinical* value. Billing doesn't. Coding does
(it can greatly facilitate epidemiology).

As a bill_those_rows table will only display what *has* been flagged, the only nagging concern is how to NOT miss billing for things that *ought* to be flagged, yet haven't been.

Sorry for the following SQL question -- have not yet made it past Day 10 of 21 <:-)

A powerful tool for proofing *potential* billable items might allow a user to scan (visually discern), from among encounters, what had ben flagged from what hadn't. Could such a view be generated by combining the encounter/SOAP tables with the bill_those_rows fk, sort of "reversing" the fk, or would clin_narrative require a fk_bill_those_rows foreign key?