[Gnumed-devel] Auto-completion of Suburbs

From: Richard Terry
Subject: [Gnumed-devel] Auto-completion of Suburbs
Date: Tue, 20 Jul 2004 14:53:38 +1000

1)comment on postcode popups
Ian you've forgotton that each state has similar town names.

I enclose a png to show I how presented it in my contacts program.

Whilst on the subject, the current arrangement of textboxes in the patient
demogaphic screen is non-functional:

These must have been changed by someone since I originally put them in.

One must cater for multi-line addresses eg

"The Gables"
Enmore Branch
10/222 High Street
SUBURB  POSTCODE

Addresses like this are not uncommon

2)Comment on need for patient demographic screen
It seems to me from scanning the last flurry of comments on demographics that
some members (germany mainly) don't see the need for anything more than a one
or two line simple demographic input. Maybe for them, but this is totally
unsuitable for Australia, and I suspect many other places. We must get a
fully functional multi-line  full information screen functional and not rely
on database imports.

Regards

richard