Re: [Gnumed-devel] need assessment from fellow clinicians

From: Jim Busser
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] need assessment from fellow clinicians
Date: Mon, 19 Jul 2004 22:53:35 -0700

On Jul 11, 2004, at 9:20 AM, Karsten Hilbert wrote:

So maybe until there is an AOE the soAp is assumed to be is_aoe and the
field is redundant
Yes, except that we can have *several* soAp rows. Only one of
which would be is_aoe. Or we decide to always use the
heuristics to declare the ?most recent or ?shortest soAp to be
the AOE.

If I recall correctly, we were thinking to stay away from SSOOAAPP notes i.e. any one health issue intersecting any one encounter would have at _most_ only one row each of SOAP (except that one additional S row could hold is_rfe, and one additional A row could hold is_aoe).

Therefore, when you say we can have several soAp rows, were you referring instead that several _health issues_ could each have one soAp row, totaling several soAp rows for the one physical visit?