Re: [Gnumed-devel] Gui of Interim new gmDemographics.py

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Gui of Interim new gmDemographics.py
Date: Wed, 28 Jul 2004 15:07:32 +0200

> It also should provide impetus for using a single large SQL view to grab
> these search results,
> so the search function returns a list of gmDemographics objects with their
> caches already loaded.
> This combined with lazy-loading of the clinical widgets should get speed
> issues under control.
On second thoughts I think we ought to be able to merge the
ideas of the gmDemographics top 1/3 area with the popup from
the seach widget. I like the listing in the top 1/3 but
contend that we need to pat_expander functionality of the
popup. Even in Horst space we could raise to the top the
demographics page *when more than one patient was found*.
Scrolling gmDemographics might temporarily display the
highlighted patient's data while actually selecting it will
send out the patient_selected signal. That should work.

To that end it might be helpful to work with cPerson objects
instead of gmCurrentPatient in gmDemographics.py. Then we'd
need to provide a convenience method that promotes a cPerson
into the gmCurrentPatient. We'll need something like that for
promoting preloaded persons from the waiting list anyway.