Re: [Gnumed-devel] Gui of Interim new gmDemographics.py

From: J Busser
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Gui of Interim new gmDemographics.py
Date: Wed, 28 Jul 2004 13:52:58 -0700

On Jul 27, 2004, at 3:12 AM, Richard Terry wrote:
Complaints/suggestions please.

In the "Contact details" section, in place of the hard-coded labels like Home Phone, we should instead display pairs of values (id_type reference and the "url" i.e. the phone number) drawn from the comm_channel table. A method by which to choose or manage a sort-order for any individual's values is not yet clear. The no-brainer may be to just alpha-sort those that are available:

email
fax
home_phone
mobile
web
work_phone

The above would also support more than one number of any one type (e.g. if a patient has two homes or places of work), whereas what was shown in the .png would require the id_type values to be parsed and could get messy across languages and even variations in spelling. I do agree it would be usual for Home and Work to be presented as a pair, and probably desirable. A sort order could be added to the enum-comm-types table and would permit designating:
1. home_phone
2. work_phone
3. mobile
4. fax
5. email
6. web

the user would see whatever was in the database; empty values would be irrelevant to display:

home_phone (value)
home_phone (value)
work_phone (value)

in the schema we have lnk_identity2comm_chan and lnk_person_org_address and lnk_org2comm_chan but I gather there is no link of individuals to phone numbers _at_ an organization, i.e. phone numbers are entered independently for individuals and organizations? If that is correct then there is no relevance to displaying, on the demographic screen, a phone number for the organization at which a patient works?

Don't really know what to call the entitlement cards section (see gui- not
completed)

I have seen "Financially Responsible Agency (FRA) #" used. As patients will vary in some of the applicable FRAs, an abbreviation for the FRA may be necessary to display alongside. Would we want a sort-order scheme for the entitlement card section something like what I described for contact details?

Jim Busser