[Gnumed-devel] (no subject)

From: James Busser
Subject: [Gnumed-devel] (no subject)
Date: Thu, 29 Jul 2004 20:22:52 -0700

I seem to be receiving email OK but cannot send so am careful to keep my outbox
empty to hopefully avoid flooding the list. Unfortunately having to send by web
mail
(copy-paste). PS will be taking next week off. Herein my post:

On Jul 29, 2004, at 3:20 AM, Dominique Buenzli wrote:
>See http://hherb.com/cgi-bin/twiki/view/Gnumed/CountryNotes

Noted

>Not sure if it is the right place for it, tell me if you would like to put it
>elsewhere.
>depends what we are intending

I created that page to hold some information that I acquired pertinent to
getting
local pathology, radiology reports etc into gnumed

right now the page is free-form

I was thinking to put anchor links at the top of the page each time anyone adds
country (or location within country). For example, what I wrote may not apply
outside the province of british columbia so as soon as anyone adds info
pertinent
to, say, Ontario or Quebec we can add that nested level to the anchor links.
Maybe
what I am describing overlaps with "localization" but "Country Notes" seemed
clearer.

I was further thinking that as soon as any one's country notes grew enough,
that
content could be split off onto country-specific pages (but still linked from
this
main page).

>give the gist of what's different/important to Swiss
>practitioners and attach the appropriate URLs (deep-linked,
>perhaps ?) ...

Most of what Dominique posted seems seems not country-specific - rather, a set
of
design and functional requirements that are being presented.

Notable however was the content in one of the links abstracted below, in which
they
discuss health issues, encounters, episodes. I found very helpful their term
"subcontacts" referring, within any one encounter/contact, to the bits that
pertain
to any one issue in a multi-issue contact. I did not quite understand how they
differentiate a contact "which may or may not have an encounter", maybe have to
read
it over again.

Early in the document they suggest that while in SOAP the P is traditionally
"Plan"
they propose it be used for Procedure or Treatment. In their examples, P is
used to
contain the procedures/treatments that are done/prescribed/initiated/requested.
Seems to exclude ? and contingency info. Maybe that is captured in their Health
Approach.

They also seem to couple the SOAP note to "Services" e.g. anamnesis, clinical
exam,
lab request, Rx results, Rfe

Cheers --- Jim

http://www.health.fgov.be/telematics/label/mh/struct/structuration_epr_2003.pdf
from Appendix C, page 30:

Definitions of the concepts as used in the Belgian quality labelling process
for
GP’s software:

Health Care Element: A Health Care Element can be defined by any item in the
patient
record describing the patient’s state of health and for which something is (has
been/will be) done by a health professional. A Health Care Element is addressed
by
at least one Service. A Health Care Element is related to one defined patient
and to
one specific problem (item). Most of the time, this problem (item) can be
identified
by a diagnosis, by a patient’s complaint, a risk factor, a life condition

Health Approach: A Health Approach encompasses all what has been (will be) done
by
one Health Agent with a specific objective for only one Health Care Element.

Contact: A Contact is any interaction between a professional and the EPR, with
or
without an encounter. It includes at least one Service (i.e. it adds something
the EPR). A Contact is related to only one Health Agent.

SubContact: A SubContact is a part of a Contact dedicated to one and only one
Health
Approach. It includes all the Services of a Contact related to the same Health
Approach. All the services of a SubContact are thus related to the same Health
Care
Element.

Service: A Service is the recording (data entry) into the EPR of information
related
to any activity or process performed by the health professionals. Any data in
the
EPR is introduced through a Service. A Service is related (directly or
indirectly)
to only one Health Agent. A Service may be related to several SubContacts (of
the
same Contact), and thus to several Health Approaches (of a same Health Agent)
and to
several Health Care Elements (of a same patient).

Health Agent: A Health Agent is a professional (or group of professionals)
responsible for the content of a Health Approach. A Health Agent is a Service
producer.