Re: [Gnumed-devel] GnuMed EMR browser

From: Horst Herb
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] GnuMed EMR browser
Date: Fri, 13 Aug 2004 15:07:01 +1000

On Fri, 13 Aug 2004 12:11, Ian Haywood wrote:
> In any case, none of these work with the existing postgres libraries,
> which, AFAICT, are firmly synchronous, so we are back to rolling our own.
>
> Any ideas?

Yes.
on the server side, you set up a publish-subscribe model XMLRPC or CORBA
service. This service just listens to local notifies and reacts to them by
sending a message to the subscribing client. The subscribing client is an
independent XMLRPC or CORBA based service running on the client side which
has access to the dispatcher. Sending messages to the dipatcher should be
thread safe (haven't looked into it yet, but it's easy to do if not done
yet), and the dispatcher interacts with the GUI as ususal.

Horst