Re: [Gnumed-devel] one more vaccinations detail

From: E Dodd
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] one more vaccinations detail
Date: Fri, 10 Sep 2004 19:58:20 +1000

On Friday 10 September 2004 01:16, Karsten Hilbert wrote:
> Dear GnuMed clinicians,
>
> while we are in pretty good shape re handling vaccinations for
> patients on varying schedules (per age group, per country,
> etc) there is one detail left:
>
> Could someone please clinically research and report on when a
> and what to do about it for each indication - eg count two
> shots as one, disregard them, etc.
>
> That would really help closing the last (known to me) gap in
> our handling of given/missing vaccinations !
>
> There may be mailing lists and/or web sites on such matters, I
> suppose.
>
> Thanks,
> Karsten
will check further, but our (Oz) current practice is to consider all
vaccinations valid unless completely out of date
i'm considering here advice from our public health group who translated from
Farsi from us for some Afghan refugees; we just had to make sure that each
child had their full quota of vaccinations, none were considered void because
of incompleteness.
Measles had to be repeated, because they had only measles vacc, and we have
only measles/mumps/rubella vacc to give.
Liz
--
FORTUNE DISCUSSES THE DIFFERENCES BETWEEN MEN AND WOMEN:        #4

Clothes:
        Men don't discard clothes.  The average man still has the gym shirt
he wore in high school.  He thinks a jacket is "just getting broken in" about
the time it develops holes in the elbows.  A man will let new shirts sit on
the shelf in their original packaging for a couple of years before putting
them to use, hoping they'll become more comfortable with age.
        Women think clothes are radioactive, with a half-life of one year.
They exercise precautions to avoid contamination by last year's fashions.