Re: [Gnumed-devel] one more vaccinations detail

From: E Dodd
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] one more vaccinations detail
Date: Sun, 12 Sep 2004 11:40:26 +1000

On Sunday 12 September 2004 11:13, scaredycat wrote:
> >The magnitude of the antibody response induced by the primary vaccination
> > series is predictive of antibody persistence, and a logarithmic decline
> > of antibody levels occurs over time.
>
> Is the halving period related to level of 4 week tested antibody
> response ( why does it have to be 4 weeks postimmunization)? Can that
> relation have a formula (even
> as a predictive formula)? Or action classifier - e.g"100-200 re-test 1
> yr, > 200, re-test 5 yrs"

further down Hilmar's quoted site

Long-term studies of healthy adults and children indicate that immuno- logic
memory remains intact for at least 9 years and confers protection against
chronic HBV infection, even though anti-HBs levels may become low or decline
below detectable levels (48,51,52)
Liz

--
"Don't tell me I'm burning the candle at both ends -- tell me where to
get more wax!!"