Re: [Gnumed-devel] one more vaccinations detail

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] one more vaccinations detail
Date: Sun, 12 Sep 2004 16:04:49 +0200

> > >The magnitude of the antibody response induced by the primary vaccination
> > >series is predictive of antibody persistence, and a logarithmic decline of
> > >antibody levels occurs over time.
> > >
> > Is the halving period related to level of 4 week tested antibody
> > response ( why does it have to be 4 weeks postimmunization)? Can that

> It's rather that the immune response takes some time to reach
> the peak level before finally declinining. I don't believe that
> we can use the characteristics of the decline in any sensible
> way to deduce the boostering date.
I was not asking about the boostering date in the first place.

The interval at which boostering following a complete course of
base immunisation is recommended is well known - regardless of
the evidence for it.

What I am wondering is whether there is any rule-of-thumb for
what do to about INCOMPLETE base immunisations.

Which may or may not be the same question depending on
pharmacological properties of the vaccine.