Re: [Gnumed-devel] test importer

From: J Busser
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] test importer
Date: Wed, 29 Sep 2004 12:37:52 -0700

At 3:06 PM +0200 9/28/04, Karsten Hilbert wrote:
The German lab importer works exactly like that.

 - assuming the test_org.pk is identified, the test code that
 accompanies each result must be matched to a code in test_type but
 when first beginning to use electronic labs and later when any test
 result is received back for the first time, a row must be created /
 inserted to contain the "new" code.
That is precisely how our importer operates.

Once the results are transferred into the table test_results, what is done with the extra data that had accompanied the result, and which for example had served as the basis to identify the source, and the patient identifiers?

The answer will be pertinent to my next email which (in part) questions issues when you inherit responsibility for results of patients in whom you had not had responsibility (but have it now, on account of having been improperly sent results).