Re: [Gnumed-devel] gnumed

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] gnumed
Date: Thu, 14 Oct 2004 10:07:04 +0200

> Well, sort of . They should be able to run concurrently unless the
> python client maintains transaction locks
> over the whole session
It does not. It locks rows only when wanting to write to them.
It depends on the change triggers to be notified of changing
rows that aren't locked but of interest.

> The web client inserts data only on submit
Same here.

> The python client creates empty rows on object creation
${heaven} forbid, no. The doc string for the business db
object class expressly speaks to the contrary.

> , and I think these objects update the database when
> triggered by  a save command on a widget.
Correct.

> The web client can put data into the schema , with it's current
> constrains intact, and extract it out again,
> but the python client does it only for some records updated by the web
> client. It's either a bug , or  a python client  (not backend) enforced
> validation error .  That's on my TODO list .
Please do share what you find out.