Re: [Gnumed-devel] need-to-know change to backend

From: J Busser
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] need-to-know change to backend
Date: Sat, 13 Nov 2004 01:29:25 -0800

At 11:46 PM +0200 9/17/04, Karsten Hilbert wrote:
<SNIP>
One thing I learned in discussion with Marc Verbeke was that
our (my) current idea of where the problem list is to be
located conceptually or IOW what a clin_health_issue is in
GnuMed needs a bit of review. I eventually decided to slightly
relax the association between episode and health issue:

<SNIP>
Commentary please !

Sorry it has taken 2 months to act on this.

The current construct suits me better, I think it more flexible and natural, as Karsten himself opined.

I have knocked together a wiki page from the above and the predecessor thread from June 29 - mid July ("need assessment from fellow clinicians"). The wiki page URL is appended... its bottom portion contains some extra items I have yet to clean up. Still on my to do list is to add a section on the soAp / AOE discussion.

The "problem list" is a view over issues and episodes
selectable by is_active and is_significant.

BTW a reminder that is_significant has become clinically_relevant

Recently Richard commented that the "tree" of table items was not well-suited to assist SOAP note input, would the "problem list" construct be a more useful component for an encounter/notes GUI?

Here's the URL for the new page on the wiki:
http://hherb.com/cgi-bin/twiki/view/Gnumed/ClinHealthIssue