Re: [Gnumed-devel] The 1,2,3's of SOAP for multiple problems-2

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] The 1,2,3's of SOAP for multiple problems-2
Date: Thu, 9 Dec 2004 19:25:46 +0100

> 1.
> 2.
> 3.
> etc.
>
> A  single mistake in data entry by the user will render any parser you make
> ineffective and lead to either confusion on the part of the software, or
> information parsed into the wrong part of a record.
This danger is well appreciated. I was going to suggest that
we interpose a window between clicking "save" and actually
saving. This window would display the entered SOAP note in a
pre-parsed display, eg. data listed under their problems. An
OK/BACK choice would have allowed the user to act on that.

But let's go for Carlos' multisash first, then your tabbed soap input.
Eventually, I'll implement numbered SOAP entry but that'll be
only me (although I'll of course make it available).

> Multiple SOAPs are really good - it is just how you implement them.
Now, we fully agree on that :-)

> Regarding the linking of SOAP with multiple problems to a diagnosis. Why do
> you need to cleanly separate the thread.
Well, my medical understanding urges me to do so ?

> That is not what happens in the paper record.
But we should do better than the paper record where we easily
can !

> When you wish to review a thread - you scan back over multiple
> entries and your eye catches the words you want to link. Similarly, you can
> link any number of diagnoses to a single SOAP entry, and when you are
> reviewing this in a summary form, simply each consultation will be shown,
> just as it is on paper.
Showing full encounters can still be done but I often wish for
a way to display just the problem I am concerned with.