Re: [Gnumed-devel] The 1,2,3's of SOAP for multiple problems-2

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] The 1,2,3's of SOAP for multiple problems-2
Date: Thu, 9 Dec 2004 23:04:56 +0100

>> But let's go for Carlos' multisash first, then your tabbed soap input.
> Why not just do the muti-tab straight away, there is no difference except the
> SOAPs sit on a tab control - I'm happy to do that if necessary.
I am fine with you going ahead with that while Carlos keeps
working on the on-demand multisash approach. Having two
possibilities is desirable, IMO.

> > > Regarding the linking of SOAP with multiple problems to a diagnosis. Why
> > > do you need to cleanly separate the thread.
> > Well, my medical understanding urges me to do so ?
> My long term experience is that one often cannot split up medical problems so
> cleanly. After all, most bits of the body are related, are they not, an
> interdependant system?
That is the most valid argument against the "clean"
separation so far. I harboured the silent hope no one would
raise it ;-)

The retort is, of course, that one does not *have* to. The
system allows for any degree (or rather sharpness) of distinction.