[Gnumed-devel] re: commits

From: catmat
Subject: [Gnumed-devel] re: commits
Date: Sun, 19 Dec 2004 00:26:48 +1100

The original code sorted *just before* depending on the sort
order. And it sorted *each time* it had to depend on that
order (I know that isn't desirable). The refactored code sorts
once after retrieving the source data. It depends on that sort
order "later" which can be in the range of a few milliseconds
to a few hours or even days in the extreme.

ok, I forgot the issue_id and the episode_id parameters need to be passed, but the parameters are identical in get_first_encounter and get_last_encounter so I think it still can be refactored because the body of the two methods are identical except for the exception message and the encounter list index. That was *a bug* (forgetting to pass the parameters on). There was no intended change to what ever occurs in get_encounters( ..), and I don' t think the complete refactoring would make a difference.