[Gnumed-devel] Re: [Gnumed-update] Initial checking for EMR struct eleme

From: Ian Haywood
Subject: [Gnumed-devel] Re: [Gnumed-update] Initial checking for EMR struct elements editor. Based on original work and ideas by Syan and Karsten. It is an initial approach, feedback required
Date: Sun, 23 Jan 2005 17:29:12 +1100

address@hidden wrote:
Commit from cfmoro (2005-01-22 13:18 EST)
------------------

Initial checking for EMR struct elements editor. Based on original work and
ideas by Syan and Karsten. It is an initial approach, feedback required
The code looks good, but, once again, I'm left confused about the health
issue-episode conceptual distinction
What does it mean to have any episode other than the latest one "open"?
If more than one is open, how to we decide to which one new SOAP notes are
added? This means the user has to select the health issue
*and* an episode. IMHO this is too complex, all the user should be doing is
selecting a health issue, and
(possibly) whether this encounter is the start of a new episode.

What does it mean when you change the name of an episode? I understand health
issues can changes names, my understanding of an epsiode
was that it was a *temporal*, not thematic, sequence of encounters under a
health issue (IOW, only and always the latest episode is open, and they don't
change names, being named after the latest AOE within the episode's SOAPs)

This widget would be perfect if it was for health issues, not episodes. As it
stands, its making episodes exactly the same as health issues,
just a level below.

Ian