Re: [Gnumed-devel] Re: web frontend/patient singleton

From: J Busser
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Re: web frontend/patient singleton
Date: Sun, 30 Jan 2005 19:30:18 -0800

At 12:46 PM +0100 1/30/05, Karsten Hilbert wrote:
The confusion stems, perhaps, from
gmPatient.py having been unaptly named. It should have been
gmPerson.py. That is the reason why gmPatient.gmPerson is
named like that: it is a person, not a patient. It only
becomes a patient when you start requesting clinical data from
it (eg. after the first request of get_clinical_record()).

Is renaming of gmPatient.py worthwhile or would it break things and/or cuase too much pain? I am only thinking it is better for naming improvements to be done earlier rather than later.

PS I am "off" the inpatient service tomorrow, should make it possible in February to distill some email threads, and move that anticoagulation clinic project ahead.