Re: [Gnumed-devel] client "dependencies" stored on a USB Flash drive

From: Ian Haywood
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] client "dependencies" stored on a USB Flash drive
Date: Tue, 08 Feb 2005 07:17:59 +1100

J Busser wrote:

- nothing more would need to be "installed" or "modified" on the Windows machine hard drive AND
Yes.
- no special "permissions" would be needed --- only no restriction on which application(s) can be run?
Hard to answer, I don't know much about windows security, I believe it is
possible to configure a windows machine so you can't run
"unapproved" software like this, however this usually relates to internet
downloads: even
with "maximum" security  I have never encountered such a
windows box that wouldn' let you run from a USB stick.
It would of course need to be a version of the client appropriate to the machine's OS.
Of course, however with the smallest USB stick you can buy today you can fit
clients
for Linux and Mac easily as well.

Ian