Re: [Gnumed-devel] pharm information as XML

From: Dr Horst Herb
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] pharm information as XML
Date: Mon, 7 Feb 2005 15:53:56 -0500

On Mon, 7 Feb 2005 09:37, Karsten Hilbert wrote:
> appended listing of all the known data or something). Now,
> when I look up Enalapril it is found in the WHO EML. If then I
> want to find it's interactions with, say, Diazepam it won't
> find that information in the EML. Will it then automatically
> search Holbrooke for interaction information ?

Yes, but it is not done yet. For now, we are finishing the individual
functional adapters we need.  Thereafter, we rewrite the "drugref service
directory".

It works like a plugin system - the "service directory" loads all adapters it
can find in a specific directory. The adapters tell the directory what
attributes they can provide. The client can then query the directory instead
of individual adapters, and clients can both register a session with a list
of "source preferences" (ordered list in which sequence the service will
search for a requested attribute), or pass that preference list as optional
parameter with each individual query.

In order to minimize the xml-rpc overhead, the service will also allow to pass
lists of lists of key-value pairs as function parameters, that is request any
number of attributes with a single function call.

Horst