Re: [Gnumed-devel] gnumed/client/etc/config-definitions/DBDefault.defini

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] gnumed/client/etc/config-definitions/DBDefault.definitions vs. gnumed/sql/gmConfigData.sql
Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2005 14:34:02 +0100

> Well, eventually we should have an installer that knows how
> to write config data from config definitions via
> set_conf-opt.py. This would be even simpler than changing
> gmConfig-Data.sql, especially if you want to store the same
> values for more than one user/machine pair.
Personally, I think we should simply have those options that
we know about beforehand set during the bootstrapping via an
SQL script. Sort of a set-in-stone default set. Anything else
beyond that should be done by a very-high-level widget, eg.
Hilmar's config registry (for now). At this stage of
development I don't see the necessity to provide intermediate
level tools. Either the admin knows what she is doing (and
then she can just edit the database) or she is a user and
better get hold of an admin. Once we got nothing else to do we
can ease the admin's life to no end.