Re: [Gnumed-devel] For anyone wanting to try wxPython2.5.3.1

From: Richard Terry
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] For anyone wanting to try wxPython2.5.3.1
Date: Sun, 27 Feb 2005 20:13:17 +1100

On Sun, 27 Feb 2005 05:32 pm, E Dodd wrote:
> On Friday 25 February 2005 19:45, Richard Terry wrote:
> > I've just installed the latest release on my machine, so I enclose a
> > mini-how to I wrote some time ago for this, with a few updates.
> >
> > I'm sure you guru's can fix my errors in this how to and remove any
> > ambiguities.
> >
> > Once it is installed the easiest way to play with it is to untar the
> > downloaded 2.5.3.1 demo, copy the .setupwx2531 to that directory, run it
> > in a terminal and run the demo.py file.
>
> what directory does .setupwx2531 go in?
> Liz
Placement of .setupwx2531 is irrelevant. Simply open a terminal window and
type . .setup2531 and this will  setup the environment variables for this
version of python. So then, as long as you run any wxpython files from within
that terminal, they will access the correct directories. You could open
another terminal and just type python ... filename.py and it would access
your default installation (2.4).

Regards

Ricahrd